Traveling with friends or family can be a great time but can be rotten if you travel with the wrong person. Travel compatibility is extremely important. If you’re unsure about your travel buddy’s travel style, encourage them to take my Travel Survey.
- It’s great to share amazing sites, events, and meals with a good friend or family.
- Wing woman! Especially if you want to go to a bar to listen to some music, you have a protector.
- This can be one of the least expensive ways to travel if you plan right. With a friend you can split costs like taxis, tour guides, car rentals, and hotel rooms.
- If you travel with the wrong person, you can break up a good friendship. I’ve learned this the hard way. I’ve traveled with two friends that haven’t been compatible. If one person is wake up early and go, go, go they shouldn’t travel with the sleep-in, take a couple hours to get ready, and then sit on the beach all day traveler.
- Even if you’re compatible, traveling longer term with friends or family might cause you to get on each other nerves. When this happens, consider spending some time apart – spend a day or a meal by yourself.
What do you think about traveling with friends or family?